The first day of school was August 14th, 2018 and we’re off to a great start!
Whether it’s their first year of school at Quest Kids Academy or a returning student extraordinaire, getting prepped for school is always a priority, not to mention self-preparation for the daily routine of getting out the door each morning!
Some Tips for the Back-to-School Transition
- Use a calendar – Having information written out can be beneficial to help with adjustments and anxiety reduction.
- Talk to your child frequently about school and what to expect throughout the year – This helps w ease the transition back into the classroom and can help reduce their anxiety about the upcoming change.
- Provide a sensory item– If your child has sensory concerns when school starts, make sure he or she has their favorite sensory item available to help provide comfort, should they experience sensory overload.
- Chamomile Tea… Or whatever helps with your own level of anxiety – Going back to school can be an exciting and stressful time, not only for your child but yourself. Children can pick up on their parents’ anxiety, so finding ways to help keep yourself calm will be beneficial for your own well-being and for your child.
- Looking ahead to next year, start practicing the morning routine prior to school starting – Routine changes can be difficult. Starting those adjustments early can help ease some of the stress when school finally starts.
When in Doubt, Reach Out!
If you’re just learning about Quest Kids Academy and are unsure if it’s the right fit for your child, let’s have a conversation! Speak with Quest Kids Academy Director, Melissa Lopez, via email or call her directly at 407.237.7362.
For additional information about Quest Kids Academy, please visit our website to learn more
We’re looking forward to continuing a fantastic school year!